BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Day In The Skies, A Night On The Seas

I know I have always been one to complain about how tired I am. How I very much needed a break. Well, last Decemeber, I did get my wish for being a good boy. My santa was a SHE though. But this is not about her. Thanks anyways.
A day before my flight for a 3 week vacation was the most agonizing wait of all. The excitement was way off the charts. Anxiety to what may be or what can be. It was the need for a change. Here's what I learned...sometimes the past is the refreshing new.
I made it through though . After two delays and a five hour wait in the airport, I finally boarded my time capsule that would take me back to the future.
As I sat beside the window overlooking the ocean that romanced with the sun's light, many things suddenly occured to me. It was my first journey alone, I have conquered my fear of heights, and I was relaxed. For so long now have I felt the feeling of calmness. So far so good. Oh, except for that embarassing time I found myself standing in line at the wrong terminal.
Like a blind man, I was trying to pat my way around. There was this weird feeling that I wished so much to be lost. To find myself in a very unfamiliar place. Because finding my way through would be an accomplishment after so much failure in life. It was a wish to boost my spirits.
I came to where I left off long ago. The place has changed but only for a bit. But by God, I didn't know that people would change a lot in just a matter of just two years apart.
From friends to strangers. I never thought would be unfamiliar effigies both physically and mentally. Worse, no hug not even a friendly gesture from somebody who was once a best friend. Just a pounding of show-boating an criticisms and a bag full of irritable (and snobbish) nods.
Of course some remained the same. A little maturity in them though. But it makes me think too. How much have I changed? Or how little have I? Was it from better to worse? Or the other way around? Maybe what one of my friends said (after a secret talk about it) was true. Maybe I "became kinder to notice how cruel" my so-called bestfriend was. FYI, we were the 'bullies'.:> People say stuff like "some things don't matter". Guess what, they all do. If you wanna feel good then it does matter. These people literally grew up with me. I never knew that the eighteen years being together would change in just two years being apart. Yes, that's how long we've been together.
Here's a greater side to my sojourn. Atleast my family didn't let me down. My brothers. Well, they are the reason for me to be proud. I used to be (atleast I loved to think)... tried to be... the older one. But because of the transformation, I felt I could finally act my age. They have matured into responsible adults as they were supposed to. Its been great having all the attention as the younger brother. No, I am not the youngest in the family. I am the middle. In my vacation though, I was. Parties being thrown solely for me, clubbing, getting drunk and all that. Everyday was a heart-warming welcome.
Now I am back again. Here I am stuck in my pad with nothing but my trusted pen and *sigh* bills, bills, bills. I am glad though. Too much would've been too good to be true. It would've been the bitterness of being too sweet. A two-day first class ship ride and then I am back again. Well, all things come to an end. Cheers to the beginning of the end to the beginning. Happy New Year! (No greeting's too late.)

3 comments:

AphroditeShari said...

every ending isnt really an ending.. its just the beginning .. of somthin diff. Everyone does grow apart... its sad.. but atleast u had a great time and got the well needed and (i hope) deserved vacation. :) happy new year!

DeVille said...

heheh.:>what's with the doubt?

AphroditeShari said...

lol... why not be doubtful? even just a bit? i mean... atleast this way if i did find out u didnt deserve it i wudnt be surprised. eh? LOL.. crazy way of thinking i know.. XD