BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

For Your Eyes Only...

From the first time we met, there had been sparkle in her eyes. I loved to stare at it. But what I loved most was how it glared at me when I wasn't looking. It was her eyes.
I wanted to take things slow. Recovering from a break-up , I just knew that if I pushed thru without the patience, she'd somehow slip away. I really liked her. After a long time of recovering from a traumatic relationship, this has been the first to bring me back in the game.
So I introduced her to my friends, even though we were also just newly introduced to one another. My best friends. My right hand guy. This is so that she would feel comfortable hanging around with me coz it was a sure shot that she'd like my friends. From then on that's how everything changed.
Sensing a little competition between me and my trusted right hand guy, I tried to do everything I could to keep up with the game. Luck sure wasn't on my side. My right hand guy, whom I taught every trick in the book, was fast on a streak with almost everything. With every trick he pulls, I counter. the problem is most of them were counter-proof.
Still, there were the long stares of the shining pearl-like eyes. Sometimes, when everybody were busy chattering we would battle glares. She'd end it with a smile that could melt even the highest of them cold icebergs. It was the only security I needed to know that I was still there. That I mattered.
A night came just like any other. I couldn't wait to see her. The smoothness of her face, her smile, her grace, her glow...the sparkle of her eyes. It was her eyes.
There she was sitting alone. Her fingers clasped on each. Her legs crossed. A rose on her lap. her head bent. She looked up at me. There was no more sparkle. Beside her, my right hand guy sat. Placing a hand on her palm. A kiss.
She looked my way. A glitter on her eyes. As if a plea to make me take her. A revelation deep within those very eyes that told me I wasn't there when I was needed. A little too late and there was nothing else to do.
The ship had sailed...but what was worse, I was aboard it and I wasn't supposed to. In her eyes I'd always be. The ride's painful. Until now it goes forth to following the journey. I wish I could get-off. But it was her eyes. It was her eyes.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would take too long to explain the intimate alliance of contradictions in human nature which makes love itself wear at times the desperate shape of betrayal. And perhaps there is no possible explanation..

JOSEPH CONRAD