BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Bohemian Dogma

Freedom, truth, love. These are some of what the "children of the revolution" stand for. A perfect way to live life. The prefect notion for a care-free world. Alas, only a few are given the guts to follow the path.
Why can't I skip and jump along this road? Why do I go thru with my days in appalling ways? The mere reasoning of which I can't afford to. But, ahhh, money. Its just what makes living difficult.
I can't afford to have freedom for my world is a prison. I am imprisoned to this tyranny of which I am both the prisoner and the warden. For everything I do, I get the blame for. Its like knowing that a quicksand lies in front of me but despite the consequence I take a further walk into its pits, taking with me not even my footsteps and coming to the bitter end.
I can't afford to be honest for the truth would destroy my only masterpiece...a pride so high that've been built in towers by blocks of lies. With it I gain my false honor. If it were a kingdom, I would be the king and if the truth were conquerors, from my throne I'd be descended with nothing but shame.
I can't afford to love for love is one that can't be bought.I can't afford to love for the payment of love would be my life. It would end spontaneity. If I'd live a world of nothing but dull days filled with no tantra, I'd rather be a monk in the temples of buddha for I would have then not known how much beauty lies in the hands of the mother-of-all-temptress...the world.
There are always options. But these options are not what matters. Its the matter of how one chooses. Its not always easy to make a choice. Actually it never is. Not even over coffee or tea. Why? Because only a few are given the chance. And what's worse is...alas, only a few are given the guts to follow the path.

5 comments:

Baby Rockstar said...

We cannot afford to do anything but write about things we cannot afford to do.

When did you grow up to become this articulate? I can't believe it's you I'm writing. You make me proud.

Whatever our parents did wrong, they must have done something right, to make you who you are now.

DeVille said...

I've been like these for as long as I can remember. And I believe you were one of those who thought I had speech impediment. Well, guess verbally I have. This is how I express myself...or maybe its just Moulin Rouge.
About Ma and Pa...I guess now you can understand why I have no anger kept for them, its because I turned out ok.

jaina said...

I know you wrote this years ago, and maybe you don't feel the same way anymore. But I loved it. Even though in a way I disagree.

You're right - few are given the guts to follow the path but if you are unhappy with the way you live your life, shouldn't you try to change the things that you do? Shouldn't you try to find a job that satisfies you, despite the fact that you won't get a lot of money? Shouldn't you try to be honest, even though everyone around you lies? Shouldn't you love anyway, despite all sh*t you've been trough?

I know all of this is really hard to do because of the world we live in. I can't afford to love, or rather fall in love, not because it's something I can't buy (which is true, of courese), but because it scares me. I can't afford to be honest because it will hurt the poeple I love. And the list goes on and on...

It seems to me that a century ago, following this path would have been a lot easier than it is today. Because I'm ready to follow it, but I'm afraid no one will join me. So I guess fear is what controls our actions. But if we do the things that we do out of fear, then we live in vein... And that's very sad indeed...

Anonymous said...

OK.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to confirm my reservation.
---------------------------------------------------------
Signature:buy levitra professional online yuh