BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 10, 2006

My Life + Music = 1

I love listening to music. Why? Because it is one of my greatest escapes when I feel something so terribly that I wanna put it in action. Get my point? Well here are some songs my life and feelings relate so well with.

First in my playlist is Twista's 'Hope' featuring Faith Evans. Twista raps about life in the 'hood' and how he'd "he could get out of it". Somehow I base my life living in the streets that he speaks of. Filled with tragedies, desperation, failure...and hope. Like Faith Evans says in her part..."I'm hopeful, yes I am, hopeful for today, Take this music and use it Let it take you away, And be hopeful (hopeful) and he'll make a way I know it ain't easy but that's okay. Let's be hopeful!"

"He'll" make a way. They say.

I've been listening to rap songs and of course I would have to include Tupac Shakur's 'Changes'. The king of gangsta rap speaks of changes this time. Discrimination is always the deal. I base my life on his song as a Muslim. Him being discrimnated for the color of his skin while I, being discriminated for my religion. Because I am a Muslim, I am not given the same opportunities as those of the different for I am 'branded'. Why can't we be one? Every morning I wake up and hope for a change but "some things will never change."

"That's" just the way it is. He says.

Love this time. Hehe. For what I feel now, I wanna include Tal Bachman's 'She's So High'. Sometimes you see 'THE PERSON". The real-est as one could be. But then you "know where you belong, and (because of that) nothing's gonna happen. Co'z she's so high." Ugh. Cheesy aye? Hehe. Okay I'll make that one short.

"What could a guy like me can really offer?" He asks.

One of the songs I just can't stop listening to is Enigma's 'Return to Innocence'. Why should we care what others think. Let's just do what we want to do, what we need to do, what we hafta do. "If you want then start to laugh, and if you must then start to cry. Don't care what people think just follow your own ways. That is the return to innocence."

"Be yourself don't hide." They say.

I'm actually a great fan of the likes of Madonna and Michael Jackson that's why I gotta include their songs, 'Music' and 'Man In The Mirror'. Well, for Madonna's she implies that music makes those person who listens to it. "(It) makes the bourgeoisie and the rebel."

"Music makes the people come together." She says.

For Michael's Man In The Mirror, like Tupac, he wants change. I mean who doesn't? Right? And to make that happen 'he' would start with the "man in the mirror."

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make a change." He or she says. I still ain't sure what Michael is.:> But ei...much respect to 'him'.

For now, these are my songs. So I'll then again leave you with this. Till then. Be cool.

0 comments: