BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Been There, Done That...and Still At It

After what have been months of drought, yesterday I finally got to enjoy another night out with my friends back from Jeddah with the now-not-so-usual bar hopping. Shots of Cuervo Tequila and beer, last night was a blast. It was Ely's first time here in Cagayan and we had to show him around. Started at some club called Frostway to Ralf's to Club Mojo to Macumba to Club Ghanna. Of course we had to drag a coupla asses for drinking too much.

I watched the kids enjoying the night as it slowly struck me that I was the eldest among the group. All of 'em were my juniors. I was hit with the question " why is it that its either I am ahead of my time or behind it?" I didn't know why. I can't seem to find a group where I truly belong. And it sucks to think that I can't find anyone I could relate so well with. Sucks big time.

So the night went on with them drinking beer as if it were a softdrinks. Ladies and gentlemen, beer truly tastes bad. Very bad. That's a fact. Yet I was there pretending to like it...don't get me wrong I love beer, but we have to accept that it doesn't taste good. Ugh, a coupla times I felt like throwing up but my ego wouldn't allow that. So I go on with the fake enthusiasm of getting pissed-drunk. Hey, I did enjoy it anyways.

There's another thing that I learned just last night. I was all along a bad dancer. Don't know why but I used to do breakdancing back in high school. What happened? I guess it was because of the change of fashion. Well, I guess I just couldn't have both...be fashionable in a sense that is acceptable for me (the very least) and do the ol' creep walk and headspins. Tsk tsk...too bad ei.

But then...still my communication skills were enough to get me through with women. While they were dancing and I was hopping like a monkey-bunny, I caught a hot chick watchin' me from a distance. And because my younger collegues had their own partners, I just had to have my own. I did approach her and got both a name and a good conversation. It was all I needed to complete the night.

Back to the kids...I remember when I used to have the same excitement when it comes to gimmicks. How I wish I still have. I have just proven to myself that we need to grow up at some certain point in life. It doesn't consider the age. As long as it is within the limit if what we call "youth". For your info, youth is only up to 30 years old. Here in the Philippines that is. Growing up doesn't have to happen so soon. Its all up to you when you'd do so. Most of the time it just happens. Lesson learned: Enjoy while still young.

What am I doing right now? Hehe...well, I am waiting for a friend's phone call coz we are ,again, going out to party. Its gonna be a little less of what and how last night was but then...I'll still enjoy it I guess. Till then.

0 comments: