BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, May 18, 2007

Persona Non Grata

The problem with growing up in an interracial community is growing up with no racial identity at all. Being mixed up with all the different cultures lets one choose beautiful bits and pieces from each of those that surrounds him/her. This is the advantage of the situation. But from the gathered pieces, most of them contradicts to the original one thus resulting to the unacceptance of one's real race.
Speaking of cultural indifferences is very similar to that of when discussing morality. What and which is moral or immoral? In one religion, an action might be seen as immoral while another might be the other way around. Let us not speak of religion though.
The question of people like me is, where do we stand? Where is our place? And lastly, the most common of all, who are we?
I am a citizen of a land I can't call home and a foreigner to that of I which I consider home. I have no place. I am the loophole in the pledge for patriotism. My criticisms are unaccepted in every possible point of view on both sides for I am either considered a racist or an ungrateful citizen.
We are silenced against our will. We are accused of lacking knowledge of the land which "morally" they say as ours. Again, morality--only a point of view/opinion. That's what I'll consider it.
The solution for my own peace will be to let go of all hearsays and let my mind speak free of will. Humility, an unforgiving method and an important recipe in the gulag simply called life.

8 comments:

Baby Rockstar said...

I like this word GULAG.

DeVille said...

LOL!:D so do i. here's another word that'll blow ur mind...ibuprofen!:D hahahaha

AphroditeShari said...

i like ibuprofen.. :D haha.. ness doesnt like it tho :P do ya ms. angelina jolie?

i hate bein in the middle too... Im not very patriotic to either places.. we need to get an island in the middle and call it somthin for the ppl who are lost.. lol

DeVille said...

LOL! yeah i think we should...a place where we can criticize everything!!!

and why would u ruin everything by calling my sis angelina jolie?!LOL:D

AphroditeShari said...

haha... u dont know the story about the ibuprofen?? ROFL :D have ness tell u :D

Baby Rockstar said...

Long story short:

I had a toothache one day (what's new). I asked Summer for a painkiller. She gave me an Ibuprofen. My lips swelled. My ears swelled. Allergies. Hospital. Allergies shot. Lips still big. Angelina Jolie.

Mum said we are ALL allergic to Ibuprofen. I can't wait to see YOU look like Angelina Jolie. You Gulag.

AphroditeShari said...

ROFL!

DeVille said...

oh the allergies made u look like angelina jolie?! or more like will smith in the movie Hitch when he had bad allergies to?! oh cmon...:DLOL