BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 23, 2007

"-holic" Frolic

We all have different kinds of stuff that keeps us hooked unconsciously. I believe that to truly fight the urges of having too much of what isn't supposedly the safe amount, we have to accept to ourselves the true nature of what we have become. So here are my few addiction.

1st addiction:
This was waaaaay back. I was a kid then. My life revolved around food. I mean, I was fat then....obese fat! The mere thought of losing weight sounded so crazy. Food was my only friend. It was my only escape to feeling bad about myself. Whenever I think of my weight, I say to myself--"Think of the FOOD man!". I was a food-a-holic!!!

2nd addiction:
To get rid of my addiction to food, I tried so many things in-order to forget about it. So I started working-out. And it did the job all right. I lost millions of pounds and I was able to fit into pants that were sold on boutiques! Yeah that was one helluva experience the first time I bought a pair of pants that were sized 30. *Sniff-sniff*. But then I missed the whole point of my working-out that it was getting pretty unhealthy. I would work-out early in the morning then at in the afternoon then at evening just before going to bed. I totally stopped eating because I thought that it was ruining my sessions. I think this might count as a work-a-holic.

3rd Addiction:
It was not until I looked like a junkie that I was able to stop. I quit working-out and made myself busy by trying to hook-up with as many women as I could get. I mean, hey they tend to keep me busy from working-out or eating too much. And for a while it worked. But where could I get as many women as I could? Answer: Bars and Clubs. Unfortunately, something else occupied most of my time. Alcohol--yes booze! For a year and 2 months, I couldn't be go on a day without atleast a bottle of cold, cold beer. When my craving was ultimately too much to control, I finally accepted the fact that I had become an alcoholic.

4th Addiction:
I had a hard time figuring out how to cure myself of the disease brought to me by all the drinking. It was very difficult. I had no other solutions. I spend almost all my allowance on just booze. So what I did? I had to get rid of my money. My only solution was to spend it all--shopping. Sadly it did get out of control again. Suddenly I was spending too much on useless stuff. I buy too much dvds and I don't even watch them, I buy too many clothes most of which I don't even wear, I buy lots and lots of crazy things which now doesn't even make sense anymore. I went out shopping too much like a woman! It was getting pretty scary. I was a shop-a-holic.

The bad thing is I went back to my first addiction to cure my 4th addiction. And then I'm gonna have to got thru my 2nd addiction to get rid of the 1st! I am going round and round till I find a solution to all these four. Its crazy I know. But what can I do!?! I badly need help. Stuff like these are one of those in life that you can't seem to make sense out of. It is crazy to let a situation get out-of-hand but the question is, when do you know its becoming an addiction? Sometimes you can't even accept the fact that it is an addiction. I am very thankful though that I haven't been into the worst kind of addiction--drugs. Still, I think my issues are bad enough.
Situations like these are just way beyond our control. These are the times when I wish I have the guts to trust in God and just pray for help. But my philosophy sometimes contradicts that. I mean you cannot just rely on everything to God. I believe in the saying that, "God helps those who help themselves". I just don't know if I have done everything to help myself. Thus I go on trying to figure out a way to conquer these things that eat me empty.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice bLog.. addicted to gurLs huh? nice.Ü you forgot utoL, ur aLso addicted to uhmmm.. haha! Love ur Posts.. stay fit! =p

2istedgirl said...

well .. im not really sure on the addictions .. but the only thing i can think of .. is try to make out a plan for urself .. like a monthly plan first then go on to 2 months. like put a time to eat, then put a time to work out, a time to see a girl, a time to have fun .. just try and set times for everything .. and then stick to that .. but try to be careful so that you dont create yet another addiction to have a routine in ur day .. u know what i mean??

AphroditeShari said...

recognizing u have an addiction is the first step..

the only way to replace an a bad addiction ( a habit ) is by replacing it.. but instead of replacing it with ONE habit.. why not make two or 3 habits.. so each one doesnt take too much of ur time.. and therefore it wont consume all of who u are?

just a random thot.. i dnt know if it wud work. but do u have anything to lose?

DeVille said...

you both makes sense.:D

but since you asked aphroditeshari...its money i am losing!:) then there'd be the addiction of spending!:D LOL. to quote my big bro's most often said line, "Life's a bitch, deal with it."

AphroditeShari said...

but how do u deal with addiction??

btw... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :D

Fa said...

hmmm.... there has to be some kind of addiction that isnt toooo bad.

DeVille said...

hmm...even addiction to love is bad...i guess there's none.

AphroditeShari said...

how do u have an addiction to love?

DeVille said...

i am not really sure...LOL:D but that's what love is...confusing.

AphroditeShari said...

but love is so nice *big grin*

aiyumi said...

OC ka ba? hehe. :) i have my fair share of addictions too, and i can relate with your number 1. in fact i write about it in my blog. and i knew i'm addicted when it won't slip my mind, it keeps going and i don't know how to get rid of it. it even pops in my dream! it's like a nightmare, and i hate it. kaya i learned not to get myself involved with things that are apparently addictive. prevention is better than cure. haha! :)

DeVille said...

OCD? i think a little yeah...as for your addiction, i guess that'll make us get-along really well.:P